For Immediate Release: September 29, 2023
Contact: [email protected]
Congressional Hispanic Caucus’ BOLD PAC Endorses Gil Cisneros
Endorsement Adds to Growing Coalition of Local, State, and National Latino Leaders Supporting Cisneros For California’s 31st Congressional District
Covina, CA – Today, the campaign arm of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, the Build Our Leadership Diversity Political Action Committee (BOLD PAC), announced their endorsement of Gil Cisneros for Congress in California’s 31st Congressional District. Over 51% of the district’s voters identify as Latino.
Cisneros previously represented Los Angeles County and parts of California’s 31st Congressional District in Congress. He co-founded the Gil and Jacki Cisneros Foundation, which supports educational initiatives across San Gabriel Valley and the nation with an emphasis on Latino educational empowerment.
“Gil Cisneros is an exemplary individual that represents the best of BOLD PAC’s values.” said BOLD PAC Chair Representative Linda Sánchez (CA-38). “Gil is all about service: from his decade serving in our Navy, to his educational foundation supporting San Gabriel Valley students, to fighting for working families in Washington, Gil is exactly the kind of servant leader that we need back in Congress. He has delivered on economic investment, pushed to stop gun violence, and protected our environment – and I look forward to getting Gil back on the Hill!”
“I am humbled to be endorsed again by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus’s BOLD PAC,”, said Cisneros. “The Congressional Hispanic Caucus exists to empower Latino voices and give Latinos a seat at the table, and I have dedicated my life to doing just that. Here in the San Gabriel Valley, I established a foundation that provides educational opportunities for Latino students and veterans, and I look forward to continuing the work of furthering diversity in Congress.”
Today’s announcement adds to a broad coalition of endorsements from Latino leaders, labor unions, national organizations, and local elected officials, including:
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD PAC
- New Democrat Coalition Action Fund
- Democrats Serve
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 36
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 12
- Congressmember John Garamendi (CA-08)
- Congressmember Josh Harder (CA-09)
- Congressmember Salud Carbajal (CA-24)
- Congressmember Raul Ruiz (CA-25)
- Congressmember Tony Cárdenas (CA-29)
- Congressmember Linda Sánchez (CA-38)
- Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Congressmember Nanette Barragán (CA-44)
- Congressmember Mike Levin (CA-49)
- Wendy Carillo (California State Assemblymember, AD 52)
- Greg Palatto (Bonita Unified School District Board Vice President)
- Joe Magallanes (West Covina Unified School District Board Clerk)
- Helen Hall (Walnut Valley Unified School District Board Member Vice President)
- Jeffrey De La Torre (Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Board Clerk)
- Carlos Salcedo (El Monte Union High School District Trustee)
- Andre Quintero (retired El Monte Mayor)
- Fidel Vargas (retired Baldwin Park Mayor)
- Carlos Alcalá, California Democratic Party Chicano Latino Caucus Chair
- Rima Nashashibi, California Democratic Party Arab American Caucus Chair
A full list of endorsements can be found at https://gilonthehill.com/endorsements.
Gil Cisneros is the former Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, and the Military’s Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer. A former U.S. Naval Officer, Gil was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal, Navy Achievement Medal (2), the National Defense Medal, and the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for his exemplary service to his country.
From 2018 to 2021, Cisneros served as U.S. representative for Los Angeles county in California’s 39th Congressional District where he served on the Armed Services and Veterans Affairs committees.
Gil is Advocate and co-founder of The Gilbert & Jacki Cisneros Foundation, an organization committed to improving the level of Hispanic education in the country and the lives of Veterans. Gilbert’s dedication toward philanthropy began when he purchased a winning California Mega Millions lottery ticket in 2010. Gil and Jacki partnered with the Hispanic Scholarship Fund and the city of Pico Rivera, California to create Generation First Degree Pico Rivera, with the goal of putting a college degree in every Hispanic household in the city. Gil’s commitment to education led him to be appointed to former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Reach Higher Initiative’s advisory board.
California’s 31st is an open Congressional District in Los Angeles County covering the San Gabriel Valley. Incumbent Congressmember Grace Napolitano is retiring. The district includes all or part of the Cities of Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bradbury, City of Industry, Covina, Duarte, El Monte, Glendora, Irwindale, La Puente, La Verne, Monrovia, San Dimas, South El Monte, and West Covina. 51.2% of the registered voters in CA-31 identify as Latino, and 15.3% are of Asian or Pacific Islander descent.
*Gil Cisneros is a former Navy officer and the use of his military rank, job titles and photographs in uniform does not* imply endorsement by the Department of the Navy or the Department of Defense.